1. Lent lasts for 40 days.
2. We prepare for Easter by fasting and practicing spiritual discipline.
3. Some things that we can give up for Lent are: video games, TV, food, etc.
4. The name of the disciple who betrayed Jesus is Judas.
5. There are 14 Stations of the Cross
6. The name of the good thief on the cross is St. Dismas.
Contest begins Monday March 18th and ends on Holy Thursday (March 28) @ 3:30 pm
What is Lent?
Lent is the season of preparation for Easter. It starts on Ash Wednesday and ends on Easter, lasting for 40 days (not counting Sundays). We prepare for Easter by fasting and practicing spiritual discipline during this time - to reflect on His [Jesus’] sacrifices. Basically, Lent is a time for "spring cleaning" our lives while giving thanks to God and strengthening our relationship with Him...
One way of explaining Lent is that it's a time to bring us closer to God. In our busy lives we fill our selves with candy, buy new toys, play video games and watch television which makes us happy but that happiness is temporary. During Lent we stop filling our lives with temporary happiness and make more room for God. The church encourages prayer, fasting and almsgiving during Lent as ways we can turn our hearts and minds to God. During this time we attempt to incorporate activities in our daily lives which will strengthen us. Many people "give up" something important to them for the 40 days of Lent. To learn how to sacrifice or give up things is a way of learning unselfishness.http://www.classychaos.com/links-topmenu-2 ...
1. How long does Lent last?
2. How do we prepare for Easter?
3. What are some things that we can “give up” for Lent?
4. What was the name of the disciple who betrayed Jesus?
5. How many Stations of the Cross are there?
6. What was the name of the good thief on the cross?
Grades JK - 2
We are now in the season of Lent. Lent is a time when we remember Jesus. Jesus loves us so much that He died on a cross for us. During Lent we try to love Jesus. We can love Jesus by saying our prayers and being good to other people.
1. What time are we in right now?
a) Christmas b) Easter c) Lent
2. Who do we remember during Lent?
a) St. Patrick b) Jesus c) The Easter Bunny
3. What do we try and do during Lent?
a) love Jesus b) play games c) eat candy
4. What is the name of Jesus' mother?
a) Elizabeth c) Anne c) Mary
Answers due on Holy Thursday (March 28th)